on Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Recently all Google Calendar Sync Free app users received an email from Google, that starting on August 1st, 2014 this app will no longer sync events between Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook Calendar.
“Important Announcement about Google Calendar Sync
Almost two years ago, we announced that we ended support for Google Calendar Sync. Starting on August 1, 2014, this app will no longer sync events between your Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook Calendar.
You can continue to access all of your Google Calendar events at calendar.google.com or on your mobile devices. Follow these instructions to uninstall Google Calendar Sync from your computer.
- The Calendar Team”
There is no need to get frustrated or panic!Google Calendar Sync Free app users still have 15 days to find an alternative for Google Outlook Sync utility. 4Team Corporation offers you a tool for syncing your Google and Outlook Calendar – Sync2. Sync2 is a free-to-try desktop application. With Sync2 you can synchronize multiple Outlook Calendars, Contacts and Tasks with your multiple Google Accounts. Set up synchronization for all the services at once, or create separate profiles if you prefer. Sync2 allows you to set up two-way or one-way synchronization and choose the sync direction: from Microsoft Outlook to Google and from Google to Outlook. Another advantage of using Sync2 is that you get 1 year of free updates, free online technical support and the ability to re-activate the software if you replace your computer or had to make any changes in it.
With Sync2, you can synchronize all your devices (phones, tablets, desktop and notebooks with Microsoft Outlook).
How to get Sync2:Download Sync2 from: http://sync2.com/Download.aspx. Sync2 has a 14-day free trial period.
Before installing Sync2, follow these steps to uninstall Google Calendar Sync from your computer:
1. Click Start, then Control Panel.
2. Click Programs, then Programs and Features.
3. Select Google Calendar Sync.
4. Click Uninstall.
Note: The uninstall process might be slightly different depending on the version of Windows you are using.
The detailed Sync2 installation instructions will be sent to you by email, when Sync2 is downloaded, or can be found here: http://sync2.com/WebHelp/Sync2Help.htm#Features.htm.
If you need help to install and tune up Sync2, click here for our Free 5-star Support Service, and we'll be happy to help you.
How to Sync Google Calendar events?While creating a new Synchronization Profile, select that you want to use Internet for Microsoft Outlook synchronization and choose Google data to sync - just Calendar, Contacts, Tasks or all three. Enter the Google Account information when asked, and in a few moments Sync2 will sync your data automatically. Repeat the same steps on other computers participating in the synchronization process, using the same Google Account login.
Watch the video – How to synchronize your Microsoft Outlook with Google Calendar: http://youtu.be/w2gewOWqecU
And don't forget to grab a special promo code – GoogleCal that we created especially for our blog readers. Use it on the purchase page and get a 5% discount on Sync2 purchases until August 1st, 2014.
on Friday, June 14, 2013
Microsoft Office users that are running Office 2013 Click-to-run version may encounter issues with some Outlook add-ins and standalone software for Outlook. Some of the programs may not work correctly on this Office version.
In this case the best solution would be to install the full version of Office 2013.
How to identify Click-to-run Office 2013:
If you have Microsoft Office 365 subscription or use its trial version, it most likely mean that your Office 2013 desktop applications are Click-to-run.
One of the ways to identify if you are running Click-to-run Office is by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features, selecting Microsoft Office 2013 and clicking on "Change". In the opened window you will see different options depending on whether it is a full or Click-to-run version. See the image below.
How to get full installation of Office 2013:
Office versions that have the full installation option:
• Office Home & Student 2013;
• Office Home & Business 2013;
• Office Professional 2013.
Office versions that DO NOT have full installation option:
• For Office 365 Home Premium.
Steps to download the full version:
1. Sign in to your account page on Office.com (http://www.office.com/myaccount);
2. Go to Account Options;
3. Choose „I want to burn a disc“. The downloadable option will become available. The setup file size is about ~2Gb.
Important. You'll see a product key on the right side of your options. This product key is different from the one you may have got when you first bought Office. You'll need this product key to complete installing Office with the DVD.
If you’ve ever installed Office, you know what this looks like. The first stage of Setup gives you two choices: Install and Customize, and if you choose the second one, you will be able to choose components and applications to install, and how.
This option isn’t available in Click-to-Run version. The setup simply installs the whole package of Office 2013.
on Tuesday, March 12, 2013
The following steps show you how to simply restore Outlook data from a selected backup file on a new or existing computer.
New Safe PST Backup feature allows creating new PST files after each backup. This way you can restore Outlook data from the selected backup history point.
- Locate a backup PST file(s) on the computer and use Outlook import/export wizard to restore the data.
- In this case, the backup files are located in User Documents->Outlook Files->Back up folder.
- To start the restore process, launch Outlook. Click File->Open and select "Import".
- The Import and Export Wizard will pop up showing the list of actions. Select “Import from another program or file” and click “Next”.
- In the next step you have to choose a file type to import. Select “Outlook data file (.pst)".
- In the new window, you have to choose the backup file to import into Outlook. Click "Browse" and select the location where all the backup files are stored.
- If you are using the newest Safe PST Backup version, you can have several backup files created. Choose the file you want to import and click “Open”.
- Choose an option “Replace duplicates with items imported” and click “Next".
- Select the Outlook folder you want to import, check the box "Include subfolders" and click “Finish”.
- Open your Outlook to review the result. As you can see, the data from PST file has been successfully imported.
on Thursday, March 1, 2012
vCard Wizard allows you to import vCard format files to the chosen Microsoft Outlook Contact Folder and Export any Contacts Folder to the vCard format.
Below are step by step instructions on how to import/export contacts using vCard Wizard program.
- Please use the following link to download and install vCard Wizard on your computer, if you have not done that already: http://www.vcardwizard.com/try_vcardwizard.asp
- Please use the e-mail address to which we will send you an automatic e-mail with the installation instructions triggered by pressing the DOWNLOAD button.
- When vCard Wizard is installed on PC, please perform the following steps:
- Double-click on vCarWizard to start the program and Outlook will pop-up.
- If you wish to export your Outlook contacts to vCard format file please select 'Export contacts to Vcard'
- New window will show up with the following parameters:
- 'Export contacts from folder:' allows you to select a calendar folder where your contacts are located.
- 'Save vCard files to:' gives you the option to choose vCard file(s) destination folder.
- 'Format file:' let you choose between vCard 2.1 and vCard 3.0 format. Please read more about vCard formats using this link.
- Export selected contacts only, Export all contacts into one vCard file, Open folder with exported files check-boxes.
- If you wish to import your vCard file to Outlook contacts please select 'Import contacts from Vcard'
- 'Import vCard contacts from:' grants you to select folder with the vCard format file(s)
- 'Save contacts to:' allows you to choose Outlook folder location where information should be stored.
- ''Resolution of duplicates' gives you 3 options:
- Keep both contacts (allow duplicates to be created)
- Overwrite duplicates
- Keep original contacts (do not import duplicates)
- 'Open folder with imported items' check-box opens Outlook contact folder.
on Wednesday, February 29, 2012
To download Send2 please go to: http://send2.4team.biz/
Click on “Try the new updated Send2 for FREE Now!”, enter your email address and press the “Download” button:
After installation you will see Send2 icon on the Outlook toolbar:
To start using Send2, you need to create Distribution List first. You can create a Distribution List by selecting 1 of 3 buttons:
After you click “Create new Distribution List” button, new dialog will appear. You need to click “Select Members” button and select recipients you want to add to the list.
You can also create a Distribution List using this button:
After you select this button, you will receive a warning dialog:
When Send2 add recipients to a Distribution List you will be able to enter Distribution List name:
You can add new recipients to existing Distibution List by clicking “Add to Existing Distrubution List” button:
To send a group email right click on the Distrubution List, select Send2 and select TO, CC or BCC:
Tip: Send2 Distribution List is placed in MS Outlook Contacts folder.
After you add Distribution List you will need to enter email body text and press “Send” button:
You can find Send2 options in New Email window:
Insert button allows to insert full name, first name and other in the email.
“Mode” button allows to select how to send group emails:
“Options” button opens a new tab:
“Options” button in Send2 menu will take to the same tabs as “Options” button in a New Email window:
“About Send2”: dialog will display information about the Send2 version you use, and options to: Deactivate the program, Buy Online, Check for Updates, Report a Problem, contact Tech Support or find the online documentation.
on Friday, December 16, 2011
To download Email Responder please go to: www.e-mailresponder.com
Click on “Try Email Responder for Microsoft Outlook”, enter your email address and press the “Download” button:
After installation you will see the Email Responder icon on the Outlook toolbar:
To start using Email Responder, please click the program’s icon and press “Start and Enable Email Responder service”:
After you enable the program you will see this button:
To set a status and personalize templates click the “Manage Statuses and Templates…” button:
Select a status and uncheck all other statuses you do not need:
To edit the a template please press the “Edit Auto Reply template” button:
Tip: If the “Auto Reply” field is unchecked, auto replies will not be sent.
If the “Auto Forward” field is unchecked, emails will not be forwarded automatically.
Edit the template and save it:
To send auto responses according to your status press the “Status” button and select the a status you need:
If you do not need to send auto replies anymore, you have to disable Email Responder by clicking this button:
Email Responder menu:
“Status”: Allows changing statuses
“User Defined Status”: After clicking this button, you will be able to see custom statuses:
“Disable Email Responder”: Disables Email Responder from sending auto replies to all incoming emails.
“Enable Auto Forwarding”: Allows creating auto forwarding rules and selecting other options (Remote Access, Save/Retrieve Options, Other).
“Open templates folder”: Displays all Email Responder templates.
“Filters”: You can select sending notification to email received on particular accounts, from particular senders. You will be able to select not to send notification to email that have certain words in the subject as well.
To set filters, press the "Add" button and enter email address or particular words:
If you want to remove an email address or certain words from filters, you need to mark email address/words and press the "Remove" button:
“Manage Statuses and Templates”: You will be able to personalize templates and create your own statuses after clicking this button.
“Options”: takes you to the same options as the “Enable Auto Forwarding” button.
“Help”: allows finding the online Email Responder documentation easily.
“About Email Responder”: dialog will display information about the Email Responder version you use, and options to: Deactivate the program, Buy Online, Check for Updates, Report a Problem, contact Tech Support or find the online documentation.